_-={Simpler Times}=-_ _-={Simpler Times}=-_

Yo Maestro

I think you have good enough grasp of "passing the ball" orchestration wise between instruments, and a genuine knack for melodic figures. What I'd really love to hear in your music, would be a greater variety in tempo, and rhythm, and some more "composite sounds" and texture in your orchestration. By no means am I trying to say "change everything," I hear great natural potential in your music. But experiment with odd meters... 5/4 and such. Perhaps that seems arbitrary to you but what is really exciting about composing I'm finding out is experimenting and discovery. I'd really like to see what you could do if you attempted something you weren't comfortable with...some project to get your head completely out of the box. John Cage and other composers of the 20th century like Arnold Schoenberg (for the love of God, please examine him carefully) are some more extreme examples. You and I should go in on an project together, with some unusual format and both try and produce something foreign to our usual palettes. That actually sounds exciting to me. I'll zap you a PM about it.

MaestroRage responds:

You're quite right Neal. I did this piece BECAUSE I needed to experiment. I havn't tried doing anything with an odd meter, though I suppose it's high time I gave it a shot yes?

If you suggest I look at Arnold Schoenberg and John Cage, then that is exactly what I will do. I have a great respect for your ability Neal, I look forward to a collab with you sometime.

Thank you for the review, i'm glad you liked it!

_-={He's a Pirate Dance Remix _-={He's a Pirate Dance Remix

Yo Maestro

I believe this would have been a formidable entry for castle crashers man, this blend of techno and your orchestral muscle is pretty successful. This is pretty much perfect for that last contest, too bad.

MaestroRage responds:

It might have been my good sir Neal, however this is a remix, and I highly doubt they would want a remix thrown into the bustle of entries. Though I do wish I had taken up the the electronic field sooner, as to provide the game with some submissions of that element! But oh well right, this makes for a good practice piece, the next competition has more to worry about ;)

thank you for your review, i'm glad you liked it!

_-={The Desire to Destroy}=-_ _-={The Desire to Destroy}=-_

Hey

I suspect this may win.

MaestroRage responds:

I would hope so :D. There are many many top notch songs, I have already cut my losses main theme wise. I believe WinterWind, or Musical Rocky will take that trophy, as for me. I'm out for everything else >:D!

Thank you for the review Shadow, i'm glad you liked it!